Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rachel's Story


One girl. One mission. 127 lives saved. Rachel's story demonstrates the power YOU have to make a difference.

For the past two years through Facebook and Twitter I have asked for mosquito nets for my birthday. Not for myself, but for the people of Namalongue Uganda, Africa.

I have always been compelled to do whatever I can to make a different in this world. Hearing through Project Restore about the need for mosquito nets and the power they have to saves lives, I was inspired.

It started with a goal of 5 mosquito nets, and that grew to 25 nets. Friends gave above and beyond anything I expected. The response was overwhelm

ing. 40 people contributed to my mosquito net drive that I held the week before my birthday for the past two years. 127 nets were purchased.

Translation, 127 lives saved by 40 heroes.

I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a part of something bigger then me. Malaria is big, but the power and influence that we have within ourselves is much bigger. There is distance in the borders and in the oceans but we are all one.


574 NETS TO GO

Read more about malaria, our mission, and how you can restore hope at project-restore.com

No comments:

Post a Comment