Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Join the Countdown to Hope

Hi Friends,

I am Sarah, Project Restore's new Marketing/Communications intern. Today is my first day working with Project Restore, and I am really excited to begin restoring hope around the world.

Project Restore has set a goal to raise money for enough Malaria nets to cover 80% of the village of Namulonge, before our November trip to Uganda. According to
Against Malaria, when 80% of individuals in a village are covered with nets, the number of malaria cases decreases dramatically.

This summer we made great progress toward our goal, but we haven't quite reached 80%. I'd like to invite you to join me in as I work to meet our goal and raise the final 600 malaria nets. Through social media, eblasts, posters in our community, and word of mouth I am spreading the word of our endeavor. With your help I know that by November 1st we can add over 600 nets to the supply being distributed throughout Namulonge. Together we can restore health and restore hope.

How can you help?
-Help me spread the word! Invite your family and friends to follow Project Restore on Twitter and Facebook. Share our blog and website links.

-Donate to our Malaria net fund! By visiting our page at
AgainstMalaria.com you can purchase a net for only $5.

-If you are wary of making a donation online, please mail your donation to:
24 Ginger Creek Pkwy
Glen Carbon IL 62034

-Fundraise! Groups and individuals have done amazing things to help Project Restore raise money for malaria nets. We'll be sharing some of these stories with you through this blog soon. Get creative and send us your stories at info@project-restore.org.

Check back soon for updates on our Countdown to Hope.

600 NETS TO GO,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment